Commercial Mortgage UnderwriterPosted: Nov 3, 2021
Innovative Mortgage Solutions is a local Mortgage Brokerage servicing Sherwood Park and the surrounding area. We are committed to being an industry leader in providing our clients with tailored options and personalized service.
Our growing company is seeking a strategic thinking, client-focused and financially savvy individual to join our underwriting team on a full-time basis. Integrity, Excellence, Relationships, Service and Teamwork are the core values we build each function of our business around. We are looking for an individual that shares these traits and enjoys embracing a challenge. As the commercial underwriter, your primary role is to nurture deep relationships with our clients and lenders while digging to find diverse solutions for commercial financing needs.
Location: 100, 960 Emerald Hills. Sherwood Park, AB
Job Status: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Salary: based on experience
Requirements/ Experience/ Expectations:
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent
- Licensed associate with RECA and AMBA in good standing (or licensing completion in progress)
- 2+ years of commercial or investment mortgage experience with a lender or brokerage
- Continue to refine process and workflow for increased capacity and overall company growth.
- Active team participant, working well with others or independently
- High functioning performer; motivated by challenges and hard work
- Computer and technology proficient
- Google Suite, D&H Filogix, BluMortgage, and Finmo are considered an asset
Responsibilities: Underwriting of commercial mortgages.
- Serve inbound leads; in person, online, or by phone, and convert them to closed mortgage applications.
- Serve internal commercial clients; contacting them at renewal, converting to new products, or negotiating with existing lenders.
- Verify information on the application and with the Credit Bureau to ensure accuracy.
- Verify information to confirm it complies with company guidelines and external lender guidelines/insurer.
- Complete received mortgage applications and review supporting documentation
- Collaborate with the mortgage broker (if applicable), to discuss recommended submission details and course of action.
- Submit well compiled and accurate lender applications in a timely manner
- Ensure that approved deals close as scheduled and as efficiently as possible by following up on outstanding conditions/documents and ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, providing updates as needed and discussing strategy openly and honestly with all parties involved.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service while fielding mortgage broker inquiries and maintaining broker relationships.
- Ensure all files are RECA & AMBA compliant
- Advise and collaborate with the leadership team to provide insights, assist with research, and develop new processes and policies. (ie personas’)
- Advise and collaborate with marketing to target and manage our presence on various online and external platforms. Meet to develop content for campaigns, online and internal resources.
- Train and support as required.
Responsibilities: Committed to company values
- Uses company values as a daily practice to execute responsibilities and inspires team members to do the same
- Understands this role is extension of a team with the same purpose, vision and goal
- Leans into diversity, change and opportunity with openness and curiosity
- Delivers excellence in every job function
- Thrives by being challenged in a high performance environment
- Maintain, respect and build relationships with clients and transaction partners (lenders, lawyers, realtors etc.)
Responsibilities: Maintain and grow industry knowledge
- Follow and understand current insurer policies and guidelines, banks & lenders guidelines in a constantly changing market.
- Seek to understand digging past surface layer of information to learn as concept fully
- Receptive learning of ATB branch products to see when that resource becomes a creative solution for clients.
- Share and educate clients and team members
- Knowledge of fraud risk in the mortgage industry and the ability to address concerns relating to suspected misrepresentation is required.
Compensation: In addition to working with a fun and friendly team located in a beautiful office, competitive compensation is determined by the level of experience. If you are interested in being part of an expanding niche department with a values-oriented organization, please submit your cover letter and resume today.