Here are some great ways and activities to beat the winter blues and keep you and your family active and enjoying the Winter season!
- Wildlife Viewing – Winter is the best time to view wildlife at Elk Island Park. Bundle up the family and head out for a short day trip.
- Cross-Country Skiing and Snow Shoeing – Strathcona Wilderness Centre is a great place to participate in events and activities that will get everyone enjoying the winter months.
- Ice Fishing – Gull Lake and Sylvan Lake are within 2 hours driving time from Edmonton and are known to be the best ice fishing spots in Alberta.
- Sleighrides, Dogsledding and Snowmobiling – Get away from the busy city and take a daytrip or weekend winter retreat to Village of Pigeon Lake and learn a new winter sport.
- Northern Lights and Night Sky Observing – Enjoy an evening of sipping hot chocolate and enjoying nature’s light show at the U of A Observatory.